Director of Molecular Genetics
At SAB Biotherapeutics, we're developing treatments for human diseases that have no cure with our first-of-its-kind human antibody immunotherapy platform. We’re seeking a Director of Molecular Genetics to lead our Molecular Genetics and Immunology department. In this role he/she will direct research experiments and staff and develop a comprehensive molecular genetic program for the company's lead antibody production technologies.
Managing and evaluating ongoing research projects and team members in Department of Molecular Genetics and Immunology.
Conceiving research ideas that could facilitate the production of human polyclonal antibodies in an ungulate.
Providing technical leadership and oversees upstream good laboratory practice antigen development and production for animal immunization.
Developing and establishing of novel technologies utilizing chromosome engineering (e.g. human artificial chromosome [HAC] technology and somatic cell gene targeting).
Intellectual property disclosures and patent development with publication of data in major journals.
- Chromosome engineering
- Genetic engineering
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Analytical test development
- Vector production and application
- Southern blot
- Homologous recombination
- Gene editing techniques
- Other tools of molecular biology
- PhD degree required in molecular genetics or related field.
- Strong foundation in molecular and cellular biology.
- 10 years of experience in field (preferred).
- Five years experience in an academic core or industry lab is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, sound and accurate judgement and strong operational focus.
- Track record of achievement in publications and patent applications.
- Ability to manage scientific staff, maintain scientific business-relevant relationships (consultants) and contract research programs.
Based upon relevant experience. Generous benefits package includes health, vision, life and dental insurance, 401K, and disability.
Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume and references to:
Cindy Sherrill, Director of Corporate Services